Supply Chain Europe EXPO Interview with DSV’s Luca Graf
At the Supply Chain Europe EXPO hosted by Plug and Play Tech Center, DSV’s Head of Digital Innovation, Luca Graf, spoke to the crowd about why the company chose the Verity system for inventory tracking in their warehouses, and shared the very real benefits the company is achieving today using the power of self-flying drones.
In this live interview with Plug & Play’s Livia Toth, DSV’s Head of Digital Innovation, Luca Graf, reports that DSV’s original goals for the Verity project have been achieved, and that less than 1 year after implementing Verity in its warehouses, DSV is seeing important economic and qualitative improvements.
Key benefits shared in the interview include:
- Inventory tracking is 9x cheaper and 20x faster using Verity
- Lower costs enable more frequent scanning, which improves quality of operations and warehouse accuracy
- Ability to identify and correct errors results in fewer misplaced pallets, less disruption in operations, and the ability to deliver on customer promises
- The system frees up employees to be assigned to more attractive tasks, boosting employee satisfaction
- Eliminating the need for workers to scan locations on high warehouse racks improves safety
- Inventory errors are literally driven to zero